½ lb ground beef
1 medium yellow onion
1 packet dry Ranch dressing (we use the buttermilk)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 box of vegetable broth
1 can of 14.5 oz tomato sauce
2 cans of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
Favorite hot sauce (we like O Face from Horsetooth Hot Sauce)
We suggest using a 6 Qt slow cooker.
1. Cook the ground beef. While cooking the ground beef, prep the onions by cutting them small.
2. Set the slow cooker to low. Add the following: ground beef, onion, Ranch dressing packet, taco seasoning, broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and corn.
3. Stir till fully mixed together. We tend to cook for eight hours, but you can cook till hot.
4. An hour before serving add the hot sauce and black beans.
5. To serve, scoop soup, add a spoon full of queso, sprinkle of cheddar and dollop of sour cream.